The Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA) – the national association representing America’s pharmacy benefit managers is seeking a Manager, Industry Relations who will work closely with the existing Industry Relations and Conference team, other PCMA staff, and member and affiliate company executives to achieve annual program and development goals.
PCMA’s Industry Relations (IR) Department maintains relationships with well over 165 pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturing companies, all PCMA member companies, as well as numerous other affiliates. These relationships and the revenue that the department produces are critical for the implementation of the department’s objective to deliver the highest quality member services, conferences, and communications to the PBM, specialty pharmacy, and pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturing industries.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Supporting PCMA’s affiliate and conference sponsorship programs – including coordinating sponsor benefits throughout the year and onsite support at three annual conferences (private meeting rooms, logos, ads, signage, complimentary registrations, VIP reception invitations, advanced List of Attendees, and more).
- Serving as a point of contact for all general inquiries regarding conferences.
- Management and day-to-day oversight of PCMA’s contact database.
- Management of PCMA’s “Affiliate-only” website.
- Providing registration and housing support for annual conferences.
- Working with designated external vendors and hotel staff.
- Supporting Affiliate and Sponsor yearly sales and invoicing process.
- Providing other support to successfully execute PCMA conferences and Affiliate and Sponsor programs.
- Performs other conference-related duties as required.
- Domestic travel is required for all conferences, site selections, and pre-planning visits.
- A bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent relationship management as well as oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to be flexible and highly motivated; a self-starter who is willing to learn and whose approach to work motivates and energizes others.
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior meeting planning experience preferred.
- Some travel is required for PCMA Conferences.
PCMA believes that organizational and employee success requires a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce, and a culture that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We recognize the inherent value in employing a workforce with a range of experiences and it is our commitment to embrace every person’s uniqueness and to provide a professional work environment where everyone is welcome and treated with dignity and respect.
PCMA staff works both remotely and on-site in a newly adopted hybrid work model at PCMA offices in the Penn Quarter area of Washington, D.C. PCMA offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested individuals should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.