May 1, 2017
Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) are critical to the delivery of high-quality, cost-effective healthcare. PBMs have long been recognized for their ability to create savings through providing clinical utilization management programs, offering more affordable pharmacy channels, negotiating discounts with drug manufacturers and retail drugstores, and encouraging the use of low cost generics and affordable brands.
Read the full White Paper here
In today’s marketplace, the increased drug spend and utilization of high-cost specialty medications are creating an even greater need for the comprehensive services offered exclusively by PBMs.
The white paper outlines PBMs’ ability to offer critical clinical services in an evolving health care landscape, including:
- Monitoring drug safety through FDA-approved Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) programs;
- Managing drug-related side effects, engaging in adherence and persistency support;
- Providing ongoing clinical support directly to patients and their caregivers;
- Improving patient clinical outcomes; and
- Proving population health-focused information and patient support.