July 25, 2017
The Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA) has outlined solutions that would help assure people receive opioid prescriptions only when medically appropriate.
Click here for the letter.
These common-sense measures include:
- Endorse the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) Guideline for Opioid Prescribing
- Require E-prescribing (e-Rx) for Controlled Substances
- Seven-Day Opioid Prescription Limits for Acute Pain
- Improve and Integrate State Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs) and Require Prescribers to Check PDMPs
- Give Part D Plans More Tools to Fight Pharmacy Opioid Fraud
- Achieve Timely and Flexible Implementation of the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act (CARA) Lock-In