The Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA), a national healthcare trade association representing the pharmacy benefit management (PBM) industry, seeks a Director to join our State Affairs team. We welcome applicants of all races, religions, sexual orientations, age, economic and cultural backgrounds. PCMA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
This position will be part of a team covering the US and will assist in providing legislative and regulatory advocacy for the Association and its member companies in assigned states. This is a remote position ideally located in GA – FL areas.
- Provide strategic legislative and regulatory advocacy for the Association and its member companies operating in the assigned states;
- Track legislation and develop consensus positions within the industry on a wide array of subjects including prescription drug pricing, pharmacy benefits, pharmacy reimbursement, mail-order pharmacy, specialty pharmaceuticals and pharmacies, and Medicaid.
- Work with member company representatives to formulate industry-wide strategic plans, including paid and earned media, ally and coalition development, and grassroots activities;
- Manage PCMA’s strategic interests in the assigned states through contract lobbyists, direct advocacy, testimony, use of coalitions, and relationships with state policymakers;
- Prepare advocacy materials for member companies and external audiences, including bill summaries, issue briefs, talking points, one-pagers, comment letters; and
- Represent and present testimony before state legislative bodies and intergovernmental organization meetings and attend relevant hearings and meetings.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 40%, domestic
- Strong knowledge of the state legislative process including committee structures, leadership, procedures, and legislative and statutory language
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to speak extemporaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to take initiative
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects or priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to build consensus among people with diverging views
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop and apply solutions quickly
- Ability to assemble and synthesize relevant facts and expert opinion to support policy arguments
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years relevant experience in health care, pharmacy, or health insurance policy advocacy required. State-level legislative and/or regulatory experience, trade association management experience preferred.
- Writing sample required.
We are in the Penn Quarter area of Washington, D.C., and offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Interested individuals should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.