Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA) – the national association representing America’s pharmacy benefit managers seeks a Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives and Industry Relations. PCMA continues to lead the effort in promoting PBMs and the proven tools they utilize, which are recognized by consumers, employers, policymakers, and others as key drivers in lowering prescription drug costs and increasing access. The association seeks a strategic executive to manage planning efforts, liaison with the industry, and initiate non-dues revenue and strategic programs. This position reports to the Chief Strategy & Business Operations Officer.
PCMA believes that organizational and employee success require a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce, and a culture that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We recognize the inherent value in employing a workforce with a range of experiences and it is our commitment to embrace every person’s uniqueness and to provide a professional work environment where everyone is welcome and treated with dignity and respect.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Spearhead the development and management of strategic initiatives that support revenue generation, industry relations and leadership, the value of PBMs, and the challenges and opportunities for PBMs in the drug supply chain. Prepare proposals, plans and presentations supporting these initiatives.
- Build relationships with key industry thought leaders, influencers and decision-makers.
- Assist in the management of the Association’s strategic plan on behalf of PCMA’s members and staff. Success will rely heavily on establishing close working relationships with PCMA executive staff. This position will lead activities to align PCMA departments and activities with the plan, reporting effectiveness and results to senior leadership.
- Develop and maintain a keen sense of real-time and long-term drug supply chain industry dynamics, challenges, and opportunities. Use industry knowledge to refine and create Association programs and initiatives supporting the most valuable business climate for our PBM members and industry partners.
- Oversee the continuation and growth of the (specialty) sPCMA division of PCMA which provides thought leadership for the specialty pharmacy industry.
- Develop and utilize content for thought leadership on longer-term, strategic PBM industry challenges and opportunities.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the U.S. drug supply chain, health care, and/or health insurance; trade association experience with multiple or complex constituencies; managing strategic and non-dues revenue programs.
- A strong background in organizational and strategic planning.
- Success in content and thought leadership development; an understanding of advocacy; and a willingness to become well-versed in the PBM industry and to interact with industry executives.
- Strategic vision capabilities with a talent for implementation
- Demonstratable writing skills, particularly for business plans, proposals, and presentations
- Relationship development and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks projects and projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five to ten years of relevant experience
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office
While we are currently working remotely, post-pandemic we will return to the Penn Quarter area of Washington, D.C. PCMA offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested individuals should forward a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org.