The Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA) has outlined solutions that would help assure people receive opioid prescriptions only when medically appropriate.
View the PCMA Ad
- Endorse the CDC’s Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain.
- Require E-prescribing (e-Rx) for Controlled Substances.
- Seven-Day Opioid Prescription Limits for Acute Pain.
- Improve and Integrate State Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs and Require Prescribers to Check Them.
- Give Medicare Part D Plans More Tools to Fight Pharmacy Opioid Fraud.
- Achieve Timely and Flexible Implementation of the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act (CARA).