Survey findings include:
- Four in five seniors (80%) would be disappointed if their preferred network plan is eliminated.
- Seniors are overwhelmingly satisfied (85%) with their preferred network plans.
- The cost of premiums (50%) and copays (48%) are the most important considerations for seniors in selecting their preferred pharmacy plan.
- Increased costs is the most common reason seniors would be disappointed if their preferred network plan is eliminated.
- Seniors are very satisfied with the convenience of pharmacies (81%), the number of pharmacies in their network (74%), and the prescription medications available through their plan (75%).
- Cost is the top factor for seniors regardless of income, age, number of medications, and distance from their drugstore.
- Only 8% listed the number of pharmacies in the network as an important consideration.