Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA) – the national association representing America’s pharmacy benefit managers seeks a Vice President, Human Resources, Benefits & Administration. PCMA continues to lead the effort in promoting PBMs and the proven tools they utilize, which are recognized by consumers, employers, policymakers, and others as key drivers in lowering prescription drug costs and increasing access. This position reports to the Chief Strategy & Business Operations Officer.
PCMA believes that organizational and employee success require a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce, and a culture that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We recognize the inherent value in employing a workforce with a range of experiences and it is our commitment to embrace every person’s uniqueness and to provide a professional work environment where everyone is welcome and treated with dignity and respect.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as trusted advocate and adviser to staff of all levels on matters of HR, benefits, professional development, and administration.
- Oversee recruiting process including position descriptions and ad placements, targeted toward attracting a diverse talent pool. Support managers with candidate vetting and interviews, reference checks and offers. Develop and implement a strategy to attract, hire, and maintain a diverse workforce.
- Develop and manage onboarding and offboarding protocols to promote a welcoming environment. Conduct exit interviews and share findings.
- Design, direct, and manage an organizational and employee engagement program that addresses succession planning, management training, staff professional development, D&I and sexual harassment training, industry education, and personal development.
- Lead Association’s Diversity and Inclusion task force.
- Lead Association’s performance review and goal-setting program to include, Work with managers to establish individual staff goals and measurement metrics aligned with association annual strategic plan. Ensure goals are accurate in on-line performance management system (TrakStar) and ready for annual performance review process each December. Work with managers to use the system throughout the year to maintain performance observations and record comments.
- Work with senior management on all matters of staffing including promotions, titles, compensation, and bonus structure to ensure fair and equitable compensation and administration of staff. Benchmark all positions to be competitive and fair in the marketplace.
- Lead annual review and changes to employee handbook. Ensure handbook protocols are communicated clearly to staff, that the organization’s culture and operations are in line with the handbook’s guidelines, and that the handbook provisions are in line with federal and local laws.
- Maintain central HR portal containing all HR related information and resources for staff access.
- Manage receptionist position and related support activities including office supplies, subscriptions, and other office resource needs.
- Serve as principle manager for day-to-day and long-term office management.
- Process biweekly payroll including employee benefit and PTO deductions. Ensure PCMA’s compliance with all federal and state employment laws. Manage state withholding and unemployment tax accounts.
- Serve as principal administrator for Association’s benefit program including 401k, FSA, and health, dental, and vision insurance. Develop strategies to ensure benefits are cost effective, competitive, and meet employee needs. Ensure compliance for all benefits.
- Significant knowledge of and experience working in multiple HR disciplines including performance management, benefits, compensation, employee relations, recruitment, professional development, and federal and state employment laws.
- Experience with a similar suite of responsibilities with an organization of similar size and scope.
- Experience leading in a confidential and trustworthy manner, exercising sound judgment, with a sincere concern for treating people fairly and equitably.
- You communicate and coordinate effectively at every level; share information; work cooperatively; seek out relevant information, decide the appropriate steps, and get the desired results; have a proven track record of getting results through others by building strong relationships and partnerships; and are known for your poise, discretion, and diplomacy.
- You maintain a professional, positive attitude always and serve as a role model for employees.
- You can juggle multiple tasks; allocate and optimize resources; manage timelines; bring order to competing priorities and keep things running smoothly; and are a skilled project manager and take full responsibility from start to finish.
- Attention to details, large and small. Your impeccable work style sets the standard. You have command of both the process and the details, and you get it right the first time.
- Effective communicator. You communicate clearly and directly; easily adjust your message, without sacrificing content or consistency; and understand the association’s role within the industry and the role of each position within the association.
- Knowledge of general business operations including facilities, accounting and budgets.
- SPHR certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ten years of relevant experience
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of ADP payroll system and Trakstar is a plus
While we are currently working remotely, post-pandemic we will return in person to the Penn Quarter area of Washington, D.C. We are an in-person workforce. PCMA offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested individuals should forward a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org