Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs
Job Title: Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs
Employer: Pharmaceutical Care Management Association (PCMA)
325 7th Street, NW, Washington DC
Location of Job: Washington, DC
PCMA, the trade association for the nation’s pharmacy benefit managers, seeks a person for our regulatory affairs shop. Under the direction of the Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, you would primarily be responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and drafting responses to federal regulatory issuances related to prescription drug coverage under Medicare Part D, Medicaid, and health plans covered by Affordable Care Act coverage rules, as well as opioid abuse.
The primary focus of the PCMA’s regulatory work is with the Department of Health and Human Services and its key agencies, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Food and Drug Administration, and Public Health Service.
Essential Job Duties:
- Monitor relevant regulatory issues in defined areas on a daily basis and help identify opportunities for consideration by PCMA.
- Analyze proposed and final rules and subregulatory guidance, and work with PCMA members to assess potential impact on the industry, its clients, and patients.
- Work with appropriate staff, members, and outside counsel to prepare relevant regulatory comments and correspondence to federal agencies.
- Work with PCMA staff and member companies to formulate regulatory strategy for key industry issues.
- Maintain regular contact with key regulators and represent PCMA at agency-PCMA meetings.
- Provide relevant verbal and written updates and briefings to PCMA members and staff.
- Brief PCMA witnesses, in preparation for federal agency hearings and meetings.
- Help analyze proposed legislation and recommend legislative language pertaining to federal programs.
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytic, advocacy and interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Five to ten years’ experience with federal regulatory, policy, or legal work, preferably with Medicare Part D, Medicaid, or CCIIO-regulated coverage. DOL and FDA experience is a plus.
- Must be detailed oriented with the ability to handle deadlines and prioritize.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and 5 years relevant experience in health care, pharmacy, or health insurance advocacy. Advanced degree, especially a JD, preferred.
- Position allows for growth based on capabilities.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.